The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro deals with advanced editing techniques to help you make better films. You’ll learn techniques to speed up your workflow dramatically, doing more work, faster, with better looking results. Reading this book, you’ll understand how to edit fast, and do compositing and motion graphics design in Premiere.
One chapter deals with core editing techniques used by professionals in their daily work. A huge chapter covers advanced Color Grading inside of Premiere. There are also chapters on Audio Editing, Motion Graphics and Compositing. Advanced topics like multi-channel Audio editing and export, Multi-Camera editing and Dual System Sound editing are of course covered in great detail. Here’s a list of chapters:
- Accelerated Workflow
- Audio in Premiere
- Color Grading in Premiere
- Graphics in motion
- Compositing in Premiere
- Editing tips & techniques
- Customizing Premiere
- Integration with Adobe software
Premiere Pro template projects and custom presets
Workflow enhancements like Premiere Pro template projects and custom presets are used extensively throughout the book, and you’ll learn how to make your own, and why you should use them.
Integration with Adobe Production Premium
There is a chapter where Dynamic Link to After Effects is used for improved effectiveness, Photoshop is used for pretty advanced video stuff and Audition for audio clean-up. Direct Link to SpeedGrade is also covered of course. But most of the time, Premiere Pro can do the job all by itself.
Not for beginners
You’re supposed to know the basics of Premiere Pro before you dive into this book.
Expected release date for next and Printed version
UPDATE: For now, the book is only available as a PDF e-book. My original plan was to release a new PDF version and a printed version shortly after the 2016 release. Surprisingly, there was no 2016 release – Adobe chose to name the June 2016 release “CC 2015.3”. So no matter how fresh and up-to-date the content in my book would be, it would seem outdated because it “only covered the 2015 release”.
So I had to wait for the next update, and see if the Adobe folks had a new naming scheme up their sleeve. That release came in November 2016, and was named 2017. So now I’m in the process of updating all the chapters to cover the 2017 version. The plan is to release it, plus a printed version, summer 2017.
Does that mean you should wait, and not buy the existing version? Not necessarily, this still is the most advanced book on Premiere on the planet, and I guarantee that you’ll learn a lot of new stuff. And since you’ll get a big discount (65% on digital version, 50% on paper version) on the 2nd edition when it’s released, you don’t have much to lose.
- What devices can I read this PDF e-book on?
- You can read it on Mac, PC, iPad and other tablets, smart phones. Read more on how to copy the PDF to those devices below.
- I forgot my password. How can I open the book?
- The password is your e-mail address. Enter it exactly as you did in PayPal when you paid (or when you created your PayPal account). The password is case sensitive, so there’s a difference between firstname.lastname@example.org and MyName@domain.com.
- PayPal will not accept my card. What can I do?
- You will have to contact PayPal. I can’t help you. The plug-in that does the stamping uses PayPal, and that’s also the only way you can send me money.
- I have a slow Internet connection – is that a problem
- It could be. The file is 134 MB, and the download will be slow on a slow connection. If something goes wrong, every start will count as a new download, and there is a limit. I recommend that you download this e-book on a good Internet connection to avoid trouble.
- I want to buy copies for my team. How can I do that?
- There’s a quick and easy way: You let your editors buy individual copies, and refund them. If you’re buying a lot, contact me first to get a discount code.
- The other way is to contact me at email@example.com, and I will manually stamp the files. I have a busy schedule, so it may take a while. Since it involves work from me, I’m also less likely to give a discount. 🙂 I need the names and e-mail addresses for every person who wants a copy.
- We want to promote and sell these e-books. How can we do that?
- We can use special discount codes for your customers. The system keeps track of how many times a code is used, so I can send you money once a month or so.
Available PDF chapters (obsolete)
Sample Chapters are available, but please note that these are not updated to cover the latest version. They cover whatever version was current when they were released. The chapters in the book are all covering the 2014.2 version of Premiere. They are also expanded quite a bit since they were first released.
- Color Grading and Finishing in Premiere Pro
- Accelerated Workflow in Premiere Pro
- Compositing in Premiere Pro
- Motion Graphics in Premiere Pro
- Audio Editing in Premiere Pro
ISBN and EAN codes
If you want to use this book in the curriculum at a school or university, you will need the ISBN numbers and such. Here you go!
Jarle Leirpoll Publishing – Elverum, Norway – 2015.
The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro, by Jarle Leirpoll
PDF version: ISBN 978-82-993648-7-4
Printed version: ISBN 978-82-993648-8-1
Buy it now!
Click the Buy Now button below to buy the book. The price is NOK400.00 (about USD50.00, find the price in your currency here). Your PDF file will be watermarked and that process takes some time, so please allow at least one minute before interrupting the download process.
Check your shopping cart and proceed to check-out
The stamping of the PDF file takes a while, so please be patient after clicking the Check-out link above.
To open the PDF file, use your e-mail address as the password – exactly the way it was registered in PayPal, since it’s case sensitive.
Solving download problems on iOS devices
iOS devices (iPad and iPhone) may give you a message saying the download failed. But if you click on the failed message you get the opportunity to open it in the iBooks app – and then it works fine. If that doesn’t work for you, try the methods below.
Copy a PDF to iBooks using iTunes
Some iOS devices will not allow you to download the protected PDF from the web at all, so you need to transfer it from a Mac or a PC. You can use iTunes to copy your PDF file from a Mac or PC to your iOS device. I recommend that you keep all the PDFs you want on your iOS device in one folder on your Mac or PC.
1. Open iTunes and select your iOS device
2. Click on “Books” under “Library”
3. Drag your PDF into iTunes, or import it in another way
4. Click the check box to include the new book in the items to sync to the device
5. Synchronize the iOS device with your Mac or PC using iTunes
The PDF now shows up as a book in your iBooks app.
Copy a PDF smart phones and tablets using Dropbox
If you put the PDF file in the Dropbox folder on your PC or Mac, it will be available in the Dropbox app on your tablet or smart phone. Depending on your settings, Dropbox either sync automatically, or you will have to select the file in the Dropbox app for manual syncing.
Copy a PDF to iOS device using AirDrop
Apple has a good explanation on how to use AirDrop to transfer files to iOS devices here:
Password problems on iOS? Try the Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app
Some customers have reported that some of their iOS apps give an error message, saying they’re using the wrong password – when they’re not. If you have such problems, please try the Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app.